The buses are in full compliance with federal accessibility rules and features. Learn more about traveling with passenger belongings.
A wheelchair lift is provided for disabled passengers. All wheelchairs that our lifts or ramps are capable of lifting will be accepted. Disabled passengers have a separate stop request line, which is accessible from their seat or wheelchair.
ADA priority seating is provided for expecting mothers.
Reasonable Modification of Policies
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and directives from the Federal Transit Administration, Baltimore County will make every effort to the maximum extent feasible to ensure that a person with a disability has access to, and benefits from, its services. Baltimore County will make reasonable modifications to its policies, programs and procedures applicable to its transportation services, when necessary, to avoid discrimination and ensure accessibility for people with disabilities.
Reasonable modifications have limitations and are not intended to:
- Cause a direct threat to the health and safety of others
- Create undue financial and administrative burdens
- Constitute a fundamental alteration to a ride-on service
Submit a Reasonable Modification Request
To request reasonable modifications based on a disability:
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible. Individuals making a reasonable modification request must:
- Identify or describe the modification needed in order to use the service and are not required to use the term “reasonable modification” when making the request.
- Make the request so that it's determination may be made in advance, whenever feasible, before Baltimore County is expected to provide the modified service.
- Baltimore County will strive to respond to each request in writing within 30 calendar days. All the information involved with this process will be kept confidential.
Where a request for modification cannot practicably be made and determined in advance (i.e. because of a condition or barrier at the destination of a paratransit, or fixed route trip of which the individual with a disability was unaware until arriving), operating personnel shall make a determination of whether the modification should be provided at the time of the request and may consult with management before making a determination.